Saturday, September 10, 2022

6/17/2022 Trees of Mystery

 

6/17/2022

Phil and I have been by this spot on the 101 many times and have never stopped. I’m not sure what we thought it might be, but whatever it was, it was not what we expected. So, when I was planning the caravan, I did some research on it to see if it might be something we would be interested in. If you are ever in the area, stop and give Trees of Mystery a visit!

 Paul Bunyan and Babe met us at the front door, Paul waves and talks to you



We close in for a group shot

He looks well fed, doesn't he?

This is the map of the park
First you walk through this little garden...


Bigfoot shows up everywhere...do you see the snout on Elephant tree?





Looking up to the Canopy Walk



The construction is amazing, everything around the trees is solid
I'm not fond of heights, but I managed on this, was much more comfortable if I was by myself on the walks, less bouncing!
Looking down from the Canopy Walk


A spiral staircase back down to the ground...






Then an uphill hike to the Sky Trail

Tools of the lumber trade


The gondolas to the sky trail
Lou Finkle and Diane Thompson rode up with us.




















At the end of the trail, off of the gift shop is a museum of a private collection of Native American artifacts.






 I almost forgot, as we were walking towards the Sky View, a little boy was walking towards us with his Dad. The boy looks up at the dad as says, "Boy, there sure are a lot of crabby people here today!" At first I was annoyed, I hadn't said anything to him, but then I realized he was referring to the crab logo on our jackets, a big red crab!! Kids say the darnedest things!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Port Orford, OR

Port 6/27/2022 Phil and I drove up to Port Orford to have a look around and have lunch. We found the Port Orford Coast Guard Life Station ...