Thursday, October 3, 2013

Las Vegas



September 9 – 11, 2013

We drove to Las Vegas on the 9th, we are here to meet and visit with my cousin, Jack Manning and his family.
Jack and I met through the DNA profile page, we are fourth cousins. Jack was adopted when he was a baby, so he is trying to discover who his birth family is and I am trying to help. We had a wonderful visit, went out to dinner a couple of times with Jack’s wife, Cheryl and his twins, Nichol and Jamie.

We used one of our days to go out to Lake Mead and Hoover Dam, as I had never been. Could not believe how low the lake is!
Maximum water level for the lake is 1220’, right now it is at 1106’, that’s 114’! The marinas are struggling to keep the docks in the water. They did get some much needed rain while we were there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Port Orford, OR

Port 6/27/2022 Phil and I drove up to Port Orford to have a look around and have lunch. We found the Port Orford Coast Guard Life Station ...