Thursday, August 1, 2013

Beginning of the Coast Guard TT Reunion



Friday, July 26, 2013

The Reunion starts with dinner tonight, but we had the day free to ourselves, so we went into town to do some shopping. The answer to Walmart up here is ‘Fred Meyer’, which is affiliated with the Kroger chain we know and love from home. I really like Fred Meyer and I think they are better than Walmart, they are bigger, cleaner and have more variety as well as better quality!

Phil was so jazzed to be able to see all of his old Coastie buddies at dinner tonight. I recognized some of the people there from previous reunions, but not my moment to shine. We had a really good dinner at a new café in town. We were served buffet style and had our choice between two different chowders, clam and salmon, loaded potatoes and chili. Phil (of course) had a bit of everything, I opted for the potato.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Port Orford, OR

Port 6/27/2022 Phil and I drove up to Port Orford to have a look around and have lunch. We found the Port Orford Coast Guard Life Station ...